Developers Respawn Entertainment confirmed its update time plans for Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence.
A new weapon called Rampage will be making its debut, alongside Ranked Arenas and World’s Edge map update.
The map changes will affect large swathes of the level, with months of aggressive mining on World’s Edge leaving the land overmined, overburdened, and pushed to its limit.
According to Respawn, the earth has fractured and erupted, with Hammond using the Climatizer to cool the surrounding area to subzero temperatures rapidly.
There will also be a new Lava Siphon to stabilize the caldera, connected by gondolas, with plenty of new areas to fight over.
Meanwhile, the new Rampage weapon looks set to shake up the meta, with Respawn telling gamers today:
“Rampart’s latest creation, the Rampage LMG, blasts onto the scene and has absolutely no chill.
“This high-powered heavy ammo LMG takes its time but packs one hell of a punch. The Rampage excels at mid-range combat but struggles up close with a slower fire rate.
“Not one for just accepting weakness, Rampart managed to modify the Rampage’s internal combustion mechanism with, what else? Thermite!
“Loading a thermite grenade into the Rampage’s special chamber overclocks the fire rate and lets Legends go on a, well… rampage.”
WHEN IS THE APEX LEGENDS UPDATE TIME?
Developers Respawn Entertainment has revealed that the Apex Legends update time is set for Tuesday, August 3, at 6pm BST.
For gamers in North America, Season 9 Legacy of Apex Legends will begin at 10am PST on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox and PC on the same day.
A message from Respawn adds: “See what Apex Legends: Emergence has in store for you when it launches tomorrow, Aug 3, at 10am PT.
“And with the launch of the Emergence update, we’re introducing Ranked Arenas! You begin your journey through Ranked Arenas in 10 placement matches where your performance will determine your initial Match Marking Rank (MMR) and your starting rank. MMR variance is wider initially, so your first 10 matches might be stomp-or-get-stomped until your MMR defines your placement.
“Arenas is a head-to-head fight between two teams of three, so awarding Ranked Arenas Points is more cut-and-dry than in the 20 team Battle Royale. This means there is no entry cost and no AP for kills. Everything comes down to getting the win. “
Early patch notes have also been shared and confirm everything that’s changing today behind the scenes.
This includes the Prowler returning to floor loot, with the M600 Spitfire taking its place. In addition to the Spitfire this season another weapon will be joining the supply drop: the Alternator SMG.
Other character changes can be found below as part of the official Apex Legends patch notes:
With microdrones and an artist’s eye, Seer spots opportunities that other Legends might miss and seizes them in the most beautiful way he can.
- Passive – Heart Seeker: Visualize and hear the heartbeats of nearby enemies when aiming down sights to get a clue to their location. Seer is able to “ADS” even while not holding a weapon.
- Tactical – Focus of Attention: Summon microdrones to emit a focused, delayed blast that goes through walls, revealing enemies (and their health bars!), plus interrupting their actions.
- Ultimate – Exhibit: Create a sphere of microdrones that reveal the footsteps of enemies moving quickly or firing their weapons within.
- Class Passive: Recon: Scanning survey beacons reveals the next circle’s location.
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse’s Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse’s team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.
- Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values.
- There’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely.
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s.
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.