The devastated mum of a little boy electrocuted to death in a pub beer garden has demanded that the hospitality sector ensures their equipment is safe.
Seven-year-old Harvey Tyrrell suffered a fatal electric shock after touching an unsafe light fitting in a beer garden in Harold Wood in east London.
David Bearmen, the owner of the King Harold pub, pleaded guilty to Harvey’s manslaughter and to stealing electricity from an unmetered supply and was jailed for nine years in 2021. Electrician Chris Naylor was also sent to prison.
Harvey’s mum, Danielle Jones, told MyLondon: “People who run pubs and other hospitality venues should regularly check their electrics, especially as pub beer gardens are getting busier at this time of the year. I’m still hearing of other incidents involving unsafe electrics in pubs and this needs to stop – I don’t want any other family to go through what happened to us.”