Rangers 2-1 Real Madrid: Steven Gerrard’s side come from behind to beat LaLiga giants in pre-season friendly at Ibrox as Carlo Ancelotti suffers defeat in his first game since returning as Los Blancos boss
- Rangers came from behind to beat Real Madrid 2-1 in a pre-season friendly
- Rodrygo opened the scoring for the LaLiga side in the eighth minute
- Second half goals from Fashion Sakala and Cedric Itten gave the Gers victory
- It was Carlo Ancelotti’s first game back in charge of Real since taking over
- Real had Nacho sent off for a second bookable offence in the 75th minute
Rangers came from behind to hand Carlo Ancelotti a 2-1 defeat in his first game back as Real Madrid boss.
Second half goals from Fashion Sakala and Cedric Itten cancelled out an eighth minute opener from Rodrygo to give Steven Gerrard’s side victory at Ibrox.
Real also saw Nacho sent off in the 75th minute. The defender made a rash tackle on Glen Kamara while already on a yellow card.
The Gers are further into their pre-season preparations with their Scottish Premier League campaign kicking off on Juily 31.
More to follow.
Cedric Itten scored the winning goal as Rangers came from behind to beat Real Madrid 2-1
Rodrygo had opened the scoring for the LaLiga side in the eighth minute of the friendly
But Steven Gerrad’s side equalised through Fashion Sakala before Itten grabbed the winner
Carlo Ancelotti was defeated in his first game back as Real boss since taking over in June